If you’re trying to budget for LASIK Surgery, you’ll want to know more about the cost associated with the procedure, so that you can coordinate with your flexible spending account (FSA) or save money to put toward the surgery. In many ways, healthcare reform has muddied the waters a bit in terms of what costs are covered by health insurance. Let’s clear up the confusion about the cost of LASIK surgery.
- In reality, the cost of LASIK surgery varies. The cost of LASIK surgery depends on many factors. The average cost is approximately $2,000 per eye; this can vary by provider, due to:
- Technology used
- Experience of the surgeon
- The good news is that the cost has stabilized in recent years. From 2002 to 2005, the cost of LASIK jumped by as much as $450 per eye! Since 2006, however, the cost has fluctuated by only about $200.
- Remember, a bargain surgery may not be a bargain at all. It’s most important to find a surgeon with the best technology, experience, and skills necessary to perform your LASIK surgery – don’t trust your eyes to just anyone!
- Fortunately, payment options are available. FSA allowances have dropped for many people, but if you’re afraid you won’t have enough money to pay for your surgery, don’t despair. Many providers offer payment plans that allow you to pay over time while you’re already reaping the lifetime benefits that LASIK surgery can bring.
Drs. Moretsky and Cassidy have been performing LASIK surgery for over 15 years, and pride themselves on their excellence in patient care. When your surgery is performed at Moretsky Cassidy LASIK Vision Correction, it’s not done by an unfamiliar surgeon, but by the highly regarded doctors for whom the practice is named. To learn more about LASIK surgery and how it can benefit you, check out the arizonalasik.com. For a deeper connection, join the online community on Facebook, Twitter,YouTube.